Spring is in the air and is right around the corner, and I know that you have been wondering what exciting things there is to do this summer? Now is the time to start making plans for your most epic summer full of adventures yet!
Yes, Canada still has lots of snow, but this is the time of year that I begin to make my Spring and Summer bucket list. After being cooped up alone for 5 months (or the past year and a half lol), one does start to get a bit stir crazy so it will come as no surprise that almost every item on my list will include an activity in the great outdoors.
Typically the majority of my travelling abroad is done throughout the the winter and fall months, leaving the warmer spring and summer months free to explore and enjoy activities in my own Country. Unfortunately, Canada only offers a few months of the warmer weather, so it is important not to waste a moment of being in the great outdoors. After all, summer is made for sand, sun, flip flops, adventures, and fruity drinks. There is not a minute to waste!
When putting together a Spring/Summer bucket list, always include your favorite outdoor activities, as well as include new activities. It is also important to include simple pleasures that can be done throughout the week in order to break up the monotony of everyday life. It is important to make the most of the outdoors as much as possible throughout the short time we have and no to live just for the weekends. Mid-week adventures help to deal with the stresses of work and life in general.
Ahhhhh Summer – I love you to the beach and back
I hope that this list of summertime adventures and activities inspires you to get out and enjoy the greats outdoors so that you are able to make the most of your summer:
- take a hike or do some forest bathing
- attend a drive-in movies
- picnic along the roadside or at a local park
- spend the day at the beach
- take a hot air balloon ride
- hit the water in a kayak or canoe or try your hand at paddle boarding
- enjoy a drink on a patio at the local pub
- host a BBQ with friends and family
- take yourself out for ice cream
- take in a local baseball game
- host a slumber party with your gal pals
- plant an herb garden
- chase some waterfalls
- tee up for a round of golf
- arrange an outdoor photo shoot
- Pamper yourself with lunch and a day at the spa
- volunteer at your favorite charity
- attend one of the local festivals
- play a game of mini putt
- go on a wine/beer tasting tour
- explore a small town near you
- enjoy a night out at the horse races
- go camping for a night or two
- spend a night stargazing
- hit the trails for a bike ride
- explore your home town like a tourist
- enjoy a summer campfire
- organize a volleyball or baseball game
- visit a local market
- do some antiquing
- host a cooking class
- enjoy the peace and quiet of home with a good book and an ice cold summer cocktail
- attend an outdoor concert
When making your summertime activity list, it is important to include adventures and activities, both big and small. By including a small activity or adventure to be done on an evening during the week, it will make it feel like you are making the most of the summer months and not wasting one minute of the beautiful summertime weather.
JOIN ME FOR SOME SUMMERTIME ADVENTURES
What summertime activities do you have on your list?
PIN FOR SUMMER ACTIVITIES