I bet you have never heard of a solo traveller and solo travel blogger not having written a post about inspirational solo travel quotes? Well you have just met one! I thought it was about time that I rectified that blogging faux pax.
I have been travelling solo since 2010 and to this day I still refer to inspirational solo travel quotes for inspiration and encouragement to travel solo, explore new places, take new adventures, meet new people and to try new things. I have recently begun hiking solo as well, and the solo hiking quotes really help to inspire me since I’m a real newbie at that.
Contrary to popular belief, travelling solo and being alone does not mean being lonely. This couldn’t be further from the truth. Travelling solo teaches you to believe in yourself and your abilities, not to mention that it provides such an incredible feeling of freedom. You will never truly feel like a grown up until you have travelled somewhere alone.
Have I convinced you to travel alone yet? Are you ready to give solo travel a try? If you are still on the fence, let me help to inspire you to take that first step into solo travel.
INSPIRATIONAL SOLO TRAVEL QUOTES
- “Solo travel not only pushes you out of your comfort zone, but it pushes you out of the zone of others expectations.” – Suzy Strutner
2. “Don’t be scared to walk alone, don’t be scared to like it.” – John Mayer
3. Travelling solo means getting to know the real you.
4. “To awaken quite alone in a strange town is one of the most pleasant sensations in the world.” – Freya Stark
5. Travel far enough to meet yourself – Anonymous
6. Twenty years from you you will be more disappointed by the things that you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the tradewinds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
7. Travelling solo does not always mean you are alone. You meet marvelous people along the way and make connections that last a lifetime.
8. The man who goes alone can start today; but he who travels with another must wait until the other is ready.
9. “Sometimes one day in a different place will give you more than 10 years of life at home.” – Anatole France
10. “Travel only with thy equals or betters; if there are none travel alone.” – Buddha
IF YOU ARE IN NEED OF FURTHER INSPIRATION AND ENCOURAGEMENT
11. There is a big world out there don’t wait for someone to take you hand. Just go.
12. You never really travel alone. The world is full of friends waiting to get to know you
13. As you travel solo being responsible for yourself, it is inevitable that you will discover how capable you are.
14. “Don’t ever accept anyone’s preconceived limitations. If there’s something you want to do, there isn’t any reason you can’t do it.” – Amy Dodson
15. Revel in the act of wandering alone.
16. “Sometimes you just need to take a break from everyone and spend time alone, to experience, appreciate, and love yourself.” – Robert Tew
17. If you are waiting for someone to travel with you, you may end up waiting a lifetime.
18. The question is “who isn’t going to let me?”. It’s “who is going to stop me?”
19. “One travels more usefully when alone because he reflects more.” – Thomas Jefferson
20. “And if I’m flying SOLO at least I’m flying FREE. To those who ground me, take a message back from me. Tell them how I’m defying gravity.” – Wicked
21. “There are some places in life where you can only go alone. Embrace the beauty of your solo journey.” – Mandy Hale
22. the beginning of the adventure of finding yourself is to lose your way.
23. “Not I, nor anyone else can travel that road for you. You must travel it by yourself.” – Walt Whitman
24 “Remember that happiness is a way of travel, not a destination.” – Roy M. Goodman
25. “She remember who she was and the game changed.” – Lalah Delia
26. “To travel is worth any cost or sacrifice.” – Elizabeth Gilbert
27. Travel far enough to meet yourself.
28. “Good girls go to heaven, bad girls go everywhere.” – Mae West
29. “Some journeys can only be travelled alone.” – Ken Poirot
30. It is easier to appreciate and cherish life when you’re all alone in a faraway land.
INSPIRATIONAL HIKING QUOTES
Hiking solo is very similar to travelling solo, except that hiking solo allows you to become one with nature. Like doing anything alone, certain precautions have to be taken, but once you have that all under control you won’t every regret taking at least one solo hike!
- “There are no shortcuts to anyplace worth going.” – Beverly Sills
2. “The world reveals itself to those who travel on feet.” – Werner Herzog
3. Wonder, wander, repeat.
4. “Hiking is a bit like life: the journey requires you to put one foot in front of the other….again….and again….and again. And if you allow yourself opportunity to be present throughout the entirety of the trek, you will witness beauty every step of the way, not just at the summit.” – Unknown
5. The hills have a power to soothe and heal which is their very own. No man every sat on the top of a hill and planned a murder or robbery, and no man came down from the hills without feeling in some way refreshed and better for his experience.
6. It feels good to be lost in the right direction.
7. “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few are dirt.” – John Muir
8. “The moment my legs begin to move, my thoughts begin to flow.” – Henry David Thoreau
9. “To walk in nature is to witness a thousand miracles.” – Mary Davis
10. “Hiking and happiness go hand in hand or foot in boot.” – Diane Spicer
11. “The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” – Lao Tzu
12. “Live your life by a compass, not a clock.” – Stephen Covey
13. I have a restless spirit. The need to roam and explore this earth is in my soul.
14. “Wilderness is not a luxury, but a necessity of human spirit.” – Edward Abbey
15. “A mind that is stretched by a new experience, can never go back to its old dimensions.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes
16. “Travel and change of place impart new vigor to the mind.” – Seneca
17. “Every mountain top is within reach if you just keep climbing.” – Barry Finlay
18. “In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks.” – John Muir
19. Mountains know secrets we need to learn. That it might take time, it might be hard, but if you just hold on long enough, you will find the strength to rise up.
20. “Work at your job and make a living. Work on yourself and make a fortune.” – Jim Rohn
Phew….I finally did it! My main goal for completing this post was to hopefully inspire and encourage others to take a risk and to live their best life. We have been living in such difficult times and sometimes we need a reminder or two to keep on going.
I admit, that I’m not much of an instagrammer or media geek, but feel free to “steal” any of these captions to use on your social media.
YOU CAN DO IT 🙂
SAVE FOR WHEN YOU NEED A GENTLE NUDGE!